moderated Re: Publix new swebsite and JAWS 2018

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Are you using the Publix site or arranging for pickup or delivery using InstaCart?  I did a quick search on publix.com and was able to read the search results.  In order to use online shopping of any form, pickup or delivery, you end up using the Instacart site. I didn’t test that, though I understand it is accessible. I’m using JAWS 2019 and Chrome. The usual suggestions are, try with a different browser and a different screen reader and see if you get different results.

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Publix new swebsite and JAWS 2018

Hi listers,

Have any of you tried using the new publix website? I can’t read the products, only the buttons. I go down the list and hear “button; button; add to list.” Is it my version of JAWS? Is it something I’m failing to do to read? They claim their new site is accessible, but when I phoned in to ask for help, they put me on hold for a very long time and I can’t believe their tec people will know what to do anyway, so I hung up. Frustrating!

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Shirley Tracy