moderated Re: Is there a more stable Daisy reader than FS Reader 3?

Richard B. McDonald

Oh, Bill, good work on your part!  Whenever this bulletin gets posted, would you please post here about it?  I am sure this problem is driving many of us crazy!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a more stable Daisy reader than FS Reader 3?

I’m having the same problem. I want to read the NRSV Bible from Bookshare, but the FS Reader crashes on me, too, and I have a report on this with Vispero. They told me to look at the FS Technical Bulletins for a solution, and that it should be coming soon. The problem is that they told me this about ten days ago, and that they would have had a bulletin up about it about five days ago. Still nothing...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:30 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Is there a more stable Daisy reader than FS Reader 3?

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  The FS Reader 3 program constantly crashes on me, and is really sluggish.  Is there a more stable Daisy reader I could use?  Or, is there a way to make FS Reader 3 more stable?  BTW, the Daisy books I get from Bookshare are “text only;” although for some strange reason they seem to come through with images.

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.