moderated Re: Help with Amazon order

Gerald Levy

And yesterday, I had trouble accessing Amazon using JAWS 2019 with Chrome.  Every time I attempted to access the Amazon home page, Chrome would crash.  I was finally able to access it using Firefox 68.  But whenever I visit the Amazon site, something else seems to have been changed.  They just don't know when to stop tinkering around with the site, which probably explains all the problems that are being reported.

Gerald

On 9/9/2019 8:23 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Now that you mention it, I had trouble on Amazon the day before yesterday, I could not remember my password, I thought Chrome had held it, but I recently had to reset Chrome, so I lost the saved password and I forgot what it was, so in getting a temporary one sent to me, I could not activate a few of the buttons in the process, so what made it work was to press insert + F5 and find the button I needed and pressed enter on it from that list of elements.
HTH.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2019 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Help with Amazon order

This is not directly related, but yesterday I could not check a necessary radio button on an Amazon order with JAWS.  I could do it with NVdA. This was using Chrome. I didn’t try Firefox to see if that improved things. In short, we need to be able to use at least two screen readers and two browsers these days.

You can also use Aira with its JAWS discount. If there is a feature you cannot access using JAWS, an Aira agent can help, even to the extent of remoting into your system with Team Viewer and clicking on necessary controls.

Dean