moderated Re: web page to try in Chrome

Tim Ford

I was able to bring up the page and read the article.  I am using JAWS 2019.  The one thing that happened is there was a popup asking me if I wanted to allow something.  I lost the something, but was able to find the “allow” button.  With that, the page loaded just fine.

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 5:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: web page to try in Chrome

I tried to read this article in Chrome using both JAWS and NVDA, to no avail. None of the article text is visible. Then I tried in Firefox with JAWS and could read it. I’ve made various alterations to Chrome, adding extensions and the like, and I would like to make sure that I have not somehow rendered the browser less useful, though I don’t quite see how I could have done so. I’d like to know if anybody else can read this in Chrome:

https://www.zdnet.com/pictures/top-google-chrome-extensions-2019-edition/