Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2019 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: Windows Live Mail spell checker

That is odd, in Outlook Express and Outlook, by default it ignores quoted text, that is, the stuff we are replying to.
But if someone goes into the spell settings in these programs, you could inadvertently turn it on, because as you tab through, the first part is what to check, and before  you know it, you are in the part  for what to ignore, and you could change that to the behavior that we typically don't want.
Glenn