moderated Re: Training on Transitioning from Windows 7 to 10 with JAWS

David Moore

You are so welcome!

Let me know how I can help!

I have more tutorials that are audio, but there are more out of date!

The concepts are the same though!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 4:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Training on Transitioning from Windows 7 to 10 with JAWS

Thanks David.  This is really helpful!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 6:51 PM

Hi all!

Here is a folder of text tutorials going over how to use Win10 with JAWS, and you will not need professional help!

Jim Flusche did these tutorials, and they slowly take you through how to do each concept with Windows 10 and JAWS. We have his permission to share these!

All you have to do is press enter on this direct download link, and you can save the folder!

They are text tutorials, so they will download from my drop box link very quickly!

Here is my direct download  Drop Box link to this folder of many Win10 and JAWS tutorials.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ur56izaanlcysuz/AACnbvdS5_lHIesfMQYEBCX0a?dl=1

Let me know if you can get these and learn from them!

I can’t believe what I read about these people who give help!

I do much more than that for free LOL!

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:45 PM

My experiences were similar.  The sighted trainer quit or got fired by the agency that hired her without finishing the job, promised she would not leave before finishing and of course left me hanging.  The blind person would not keep appointments, frequently sleeping through the time, set out.  He lived by his iPhone yet I guess did not feel it was important enough to keep his iPhone charged or the appointment itself. He played the blind card.  “A blind person cannot tell whether it is night or day.” Try pulling that a 9-5 job.    Upon reflection his boss was the same sighted person that left me and another blind person high and dry.  Thus what do you expect. When I asked that same agency for help they said the sighted person was just doing me a favour by helping me and they could not and would not help.  Helping me?  She dragged it out for at least a year.  I would suggest she was helping herself, not me.  .  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: September 5, 2019 4:14 PM

I once hired a blind friend who held himself out as an access trainer to help with a PC issue.  He actually made things worse, and right in the middle of everything he said that his paratransit ride was coming and he had to leave.

Andy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 4:07 PM

Never a truer word has been spoken.  I remember a couple of people offered or did help with something I needed help with.  The one offering help at cost of course, his spelling was so atrocious that I wondered if he cares so little about spelling and grammar, how could he do a good job on what I wanted? Of course, that is just me.  Some don’t care.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: September 5, 2019 3:58 PM

There are more access trainers out there than there are flies on a summer's day.  just be careful to check out their creds.

Andy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 3:37 PM

I have a client who can help. Please feel free to reach out to Roger Cusson at seeing_hands@.... He will be happy to help you out. Best of luck and congratulations on the upgrade!

On 9/5/2019 1:07 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

Soon, I am getting a new PC.  It will have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  Currently, I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I also use JAWS 2019.  So, is there some training I can read about making this transition?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.