moderated Re: access and jaws

Glenn / Lenny

Richard,
I offered the solution of using Jaws 2018, because my proof of concept is that Jaws 2018 works with older Office where 2019 does not.
So that was the solution, and FS needs to change Jaws to work with older versions, which they won't do.
If someone has Jaws 2019, that key should authorize 2018, and if 2018 works for Office 2007, there lies the problem and solution.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: access and jaws

I think you are still missing the point, but Office 2007 was the first version that began using the .docx and xlsx, file extensions.

You would be better off comparing to Office 2003.

But, either way, no one has answered Judy’s question about Access or other databases.

I’m not a moderator, so feel free to ignore me.  But, it would be nice if the subject line reflected the content of the messages.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 6:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

The question was about an older version of Access, which is an Office product, so affectively, the original question is about Office 2007 with Jaws 2019.

My point was that I use Office 2000, including Excel from that package, and I have to drop back to an older version of Jaws to make it work.

I suspect that Office 2007 is more like 2000 than later versions of Office, no matter which of the Office tools involved.

Other responders on the list don't seem to be responding to the Office 2007 aspect of the original question.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 8:37 AM

I’m not sure exactly why Excel was brought into this thread, but the original question was about Microsoft Access Database.  Yes, Jaws 2019 works fine with Excel, but here is the original question again. 

Subject: access and jaws

Hi,

I’ve heard that access 2007 is the latest version that works well with Jaws?  Is this true?  Is the accessibility problem in the inputting of data and reading the fields, or in designing your data base?

How does Access work with NBDA?

Does anyone use a data base that works well with Jaws?  If so, which one?

Thanks much.

Judy

If folks want to debate Excel, please start a new thread?

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Lange
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 6:29 AM

Hi,

I use Jaws 2019 with Excel in Office 2016 at work every day and have no major issues. I don’t mess around with charts, graphs, et cetera, just routine data entry, and it works fine.

Tom
On Sep 5, 2019, at 10:03 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

I am sorry, Glen, but your statement that Jaws 2019 does not work with Excel is absolutely incorrect. I virtually live in Excel when I am working and I haven’t used anything but Jaws 2019 since it came out, in fact, well before then since I am on the Jaws Beta list.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:55 PM

You might need to keep an older copy of Jaws installed for that program.

I still use Office 2000, because it does all I need it to do, and Jaws 2019 does not work with Excel, but earlier versions do.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 9:38 PM

Subject: access and jaws

Hi,

I’ve heard that access 2007 is the latest version that works well with Jaws?  Is this true?  Is the accessibility problem in the inputting of data and reading the fields, or in designing your data base?

How does Access work with NBDA?

Does anyone use a data base that works well with Jaws?  If so, which one?

Thanks much.

Judy

Judy

Helping people tell their story and find their highest potential

Encounter show host, Tuesdays 1:30 p.m. KSIV Radio AM/FM St. Louis, MO

Let’s connect! JudyRedlich.com | linkedin.com/in/judy-redlich

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.