moderated Re: how can i make sure that my replies are beeing read?

JM Casey

That obviously isn't the case for David, though. The original messages are there, and his cursor is being placed at the *bottom*. I don't think he's pressing ctrl-end. So either he has to change a setting or, indeed, press ctrl-home before he starts typing.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: September 3, 2019 3:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how can i make sure that my replies are beeing read?

not true. in an email client, after invoking the action to reply (usually pressing control+r), you should be placed at the top of the body field where you can start typing your reply. there's no need to press control+home first.

-------- Original Message --------
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 3:16 PM
Subject: how can i make sure that my replies are beeing read?
David,
If your settings are set to not include the original message, you need to change that.
Then, when you get into the body that you are planning on typing into, first press control + home, and that should send you to the top of the edit field.
Then your message will be on top as it should be.
This is true too for eMail clients, if you don't have your settings set to put the message you are replying to at the bottom, press control + home before typing.

Glenn

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ingram"
<dingram269@earthlink.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 1:59 PM
Subject: how can i make sure that my replies are beeing read?

Hi list members, i'm using a webmail program to write messages, my question is how do I make sure that the replies are at the top of the message?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.