From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2019 6:16 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows updates

You can't permanently turn off updates regardless of the version you're running (if you're a consumer, not a government or similar).

As of version 1903, all editions of Windows 10 give quite a bit more control about how and when updates are downloaded and applied.  What I find perversely funny is now that the control (or at least a large part of it) that many were crying for has been given, there is now an equally vocal group decrying the fact that updates are not as automatic as they were in earlier versions of Windows 10.

When it comes to update methodology, Microsoft is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

         ~ Eric Hoffer