moderated Re: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

Mario

I found it doesn't work everytime.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io [mailto:bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 11:48 AM
Subject: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

Yes there is.  The extension is called Sound On Click:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sound-on-click/ejchjkneplcffgcopialnjofdhhggjik?hl=en

Gerald

On 8/31/2019 11:05 AM, john clayton wrote:
Hi there,
 Apologies at the OP for the slight highjacking of the thread, but is
there an addon for crome which adds the classic click sounds as you
navigate the webpages?
 I am stuck using firefox 55 due to my inability to upgrade from jaws
18, and the fact that I am quite used to firefox with the way I have
it setup with my addons and the like.
 I understand that it is rather foolish and a security risk to do so
but it can't be helped at this point.
 however I do play around with the latest version of crome, but as
others have pointed out, its menu access and keyboard shortcut
controls could be a lot better.
 I could probably switch to crome entirely if I could get it to make
the navigation sounds as I navigate the webpages similar to IE 11 and
firefox with the soundnav addon.
 Rather silly, I know but that is a faster indicator for me to
understand if a page is done loading completely and after having used
the sound for years now I have rather grown used to it, so going
without it is a distraction that slows me down. XD.
Cheers

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 19:43, Lev <literophilus@myself.com
<mailto:literophilus@myself.com>> wrote:

Hi,

in my opinion, chrome works better, I only use chrome and I'm also
a jaws 2019 user and everything runs smoothly,

of course, now that you have jumped to windows 10 and a new web
browser, what you cannot expect is to continue doing things
exactly as you did before, adaptation is the key, Good luck!

Best,
Leo.

On 8/31/2019 7:04 AM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows
10.  Whenever I visit any web site now, I am being told that soon
the site will no longer be used with Internet Explorer, which I
have always used as my Internet Browser, and I am being told to
upgrade my browser to either Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft
Edge.  My question is this—which one of these three browsers
works best with JAWS 2019?  I have the latest version and the
latest update to JAWS 2019.  I’m sure there are many of you out
there who might have encountered this same thing, and who can
perhaps tell me which browser works best with JAWS.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Rick Miller

--
***
“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.