From: john clayton [mailto:nishantrana3@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: jfw@groups.io <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 11:05 AM
Subject: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?
Hi there,
 Apologies at the OP for the slight highjacking of the thread, but is
there an addon for crome which adds the classic click sounds as you
navigate the webpages?
 I am stuck using firefox 55 due to my inability to upgrade from jaws
18, and the fact that I am quite used to firefox with the way I have it
setup with my addons and the like.
 I understand that it is rather foolish and a security risk to do so
but it can't be helped at this point.
 however I do play around with the latest version of crome, but as
others have pointed out, its menu access and keyboard shortcut controls
could be a lot better.
 I could probably switch to crome entirely if I could get it to make
the navigation sounds as I navigate the webpages similar to IE 11 and
firefox with the soundnav addon.
 Rather silly, I know but that is a faster indicator for me to
understand if a page is done loading completely and after having used
the sound for years now I have rather grown used to it, so going without
it is a distraction that slows me down. XD.
Cheers

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 19:43, Lev <literophilus@myself.com
<mailto:literophilus@myself.com>> wrote:

Hi,

in my opinion, chrome works better, I only use chrome and I'm also a
jaws 2019 user and everything runs smoothly,

of course, now that you have jumped to windows 10 and a new web
browser, what you cannot expect is to continue doing things exactly
as you did before, adaptation is the key, Good luck!

Best,
Leo.

On 8/31/2019 7:04 AM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:____

__ __

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows
10.  Whenever I visit any web site now, I am being told that soon
the site will no longer be used with Internet Explorer, which I
have always used as my Internet Browser, and I am being told to
upgrade my browser to either Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft
Edge.  My question is this—which one of these three browsers works
best with JAWS 2019?  I have the latest version and the latest
update to JAWS 2019.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who
might have encountered this same thing, and who can perhaps tell
me which browser works best with JAWS.____

__ __

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.____

__ __

__ __

__ __

Rick Miller____

__ __

--
***
“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.