moderated Re: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

Gerald Levy

Yes there is.  The extension is called Sound On Click:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sound-on-click/ejchjkneplcffgcopialnjofdhhggjik?hl=en

Gerald

On 8/31/2019 11:05 AM, john clayton wrote:
Hi there,
 Apologies at the OP for the slight highjacking of the thread, but is there an addon for crome which adds the classic click sounds as you navigate the webpages?
 I am stuck using firefox 55 due to my inability to upgrade from jaws 18, and the fact that I am quite used to firefox with the way I have it setup with my addons and the like.
 I understand that it is rather foolish and a security risk to do so but it can't be helped at this point.
 however I do play around with the latest version of crome, but as others have pointed out, its menu access and keyboard shortcut controls could be a lot better.
 I could probably switch to crome entirely if I could get it to make the navigation sounds as I navigate the webpages similar to IE 11 and firefox with the soundnav addon.
 Rather silly, I know but that is a faster indicator for me to understand if a page is done loading completely and after having used the sound for years now I have rather grown used to it, so going without it is a distraction that slows me down. XD.
Cheers

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 19:43, Lev <literophilus@...> wrote:

Hi,

in my opinion, chrome works better, I only use chrome and I'm also a jaws 2019 user and everything runs smoothly,

of course, now that you have jumped to windows 10 and a new web browser, what you cannot expect is to continue doing things exactly as you did before, adaptation is the key, Good luck!

Best,
   Leo.
On 8/31/2019 7:04 AM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Whenever I visit any web site now, I am being told that soon the site will no longer be used with Internet Explorer, which I have always used as my Internet Browser, and I am being told to upgrade my browser to either Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.  My question is this—which one of these three browsers works best with JAWS 2019?  I have the latest version and the latest update to JAWS 2019.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who might have encountered this same thing, and who can perhaps tell me which browser works best with JAWS.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Rick Miller

--
***
“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”