moderated Re: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

Chris Hill

Depends on what you mean by works best.  Chrome-based browsers seem to have fewer compatibility issues on webpages.  I prefer Brave myself, it blocks ads without you having to install anything.

As far as best access for menus and controlling the browser goes, though, Firefox wins hands down.

On 8/31/2019 08:04, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Whenever I visit any web site now, I am being told that soon the site will no longer be used with Internet Explorer, which I have always used as my Internet Browser, and I am being told to upgrade my browser to either Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.  My question is this—which one of these three browsers works best with JAWS 2019?  I have the latest version and the latest update to JAWS 2019.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who might have encountered this same thing, and who can perhaps tell me which browser works best with JAWS.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Rick Miller