moderated Re: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

James Homuth

I switched to Chrome ages ago and wouldn’t go back if you paid me. I still keep IE around because some of the websites I use at work don’t play nice with anything else, but for anything that matters, it’s Chrome, Firefox if something trips out, or IE if there’s something they haven’t quite figured out how to properly read/interact with in Chrome yet.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: August-31-19 9:04 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Which Browser Works Best With JAWS?

Dear Listers:

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Whenever I visit any web site now, I am being told that soon the site will no longer be used with Internet Explorer, which I have always used as my Internet Browser, and I am being told to upgrade my browser to either Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.  My question is this—which one of these three browsers works best with JAWS 2019?  I have the latest version and the latest update to JAWS 2019.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who might have encountered this same thing, and who can perhaps tell me which browser works best with JAWS.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Rick Miller