moderated Re: Best headset for use with Jaws and call center

Amanda Crocker

For headsets, JAWS and Call Centers there are a lot of variables and a lot of things to consider, the biggest points are:

1. Is going to be personal preference of the employee, are they ok with JAWS and the customer both coming in both ears? If so, and I’ve seen a lot of JAWS users use this method very effectively, then you can really use any quality headset. We use the Logitch USB headsets, they’re comfortable, decent quality, and fairly inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Headset-H390-Noise-Cancelling/dp/B000UXZQ42
  2. If they want JAWS and the customer to come through different ears then a headset that only has one earpiece and an earbud are relatively simple, if not very sophisticated solutions. You can then have your system sound come through the headset and route JAWS through the earbud.
  3. As far as I know there isn’t a super affordable way to split sound on a traditional 2 eared headset, especially if you’re going to use USB headsets, I could be wrong and just don’t know about it though. These are just some of the methods and tools I am familiar with.

Amanda Crocker

Application Administrator

7501 Prospect

Kansas City, MO 64132

Main (816) 421-5848

Direct (816) 237-2083

Fax (816) 237-2019

Visit us online at www.alphapointe.org

Keep up with all of the exciting things going on at Alphapointe –

follow us on social media!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ileenshere@...
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 1:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Best headset for use with Jaws and call center

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Alphapointe. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi I have a great one. It is currently not in use. I’ll have it available for you to check out.  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Sandoval
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 11:42 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Best headset for use with Jaws and call center

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone here can help advise me on the best or some of the best models of headsets to use in a call center environment while using Jaws.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Paul Sandoval

Blind Tech Training

Expanding possibilities using technology

720-620-8007

BlindTechTraining@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.