My Dell Aurora R3 from 2010 with a 4th gen I7 running at 4.0GHz with 16GB ram and a SSD is just as fast and capable as my new 8th gen I5 dell XPS with the same specs.
I have 2 other dell laptops and they are over 10 years old now. They are slow and I dont use them anymore but they are still working.
My point is high end PCs from several years ago are still just as capable as ever...

On 8/26/2019 7:32 PM, David Moore wrote:

I bought an low end Asus computer at Walmart, and it is five years old, and is more snappy now than it ever was with new versions of Win10. I quit buying high end computer years ago, because I had the same problem of them falling apart faster than cheap Walmart ones LOL!

I never had a dell last past a few years. My HP and Asus, both dirt cheap, are lasting and working much better than my expensive Dell computers ever did LOL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Andy
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 4:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New computer specs

In 2012 i bought a high end Dell desktop PC for over a thousand dollars and it lasted 5 years.  in 2017 I read about refurb PCs on walmart.com and found an HP desktop with 8 GB RAM and an AMD 3.7 GH processor amd a 2 TB HD for $184.  At that price I bought 2, one for me and one for my wife.  After almost 2.5 years, both machines are running like Timex watches.  What I learned is that you should consider your use case.  Most folks buy far more PC than they need, and could save a lot of money that they could use for software, etc.  The other thing I liked about these units was a clean copy of Windows with no bloatware.

Andy