moderated Re: cannot reinstall JAWS 2019 on Windows 10

Randy Barnett

did you delete all folders for jaws, including the ones in program folders, program folderĀ  x86 and app data?

On 8/26/2019 7:38 PM, Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi all,
After seeing some posts about Winaero Tweaker, I downloaded, installed and tweaked my system with it. Everything appeared to be going swimmingly after a reboot, except that JAWS would crash and close each time I ran Google Chrome or the new Edge. I was also having trouble finding the start menu search box using JAWS, but not with NVDA, Window-eyes or Narrator. So, I repaired JAWS, to no avail. I then uninstalled JAWS through add/remove programs; again, to no avail.

Finally, I used the Microsoft Program Installer troubleshooting app to uninstall each and every Freedom Scientific component. But now, when I attempt to reinstall JAWS, I only get a repair option. I've gone through the registry and deleted all references to Freedom Scientific and JAWS. But each time I try to rerun the JAWS installer, I only get a repair option, an error and a close button. How the heck can JAWS want to repair itself if it's not installed anywhere on my system? Furthermore what can I do? I would really hate to reinstall Windows over this.
Many thanks,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@...