From: Andy
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 4:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New computer specs

In 2012 i bought a high end Dell desktop PC for over a thousand dollars and
it lasted 5 years.  in 2017 I read about refurb PCs on walmart.com and found
an HP desktop with 8 GB RAM and an AMD 3.7 GH processor amd a 2 TB HD for
$184.  At that price I bought 2, one for me and one for my wife.  After
almost 2.5 years, both machines are running like Timex watches.  What I
learned is that you should consider your use case.  Most folks buy far more
PC than they need, and could save a lot of money that they could use for
software, etc.  The other thing I liked about these units was a clean copy
of Windows with no bloatware.

Andy