moderated Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

David Diamond

Well, speaking for myself, the moderator of the group determines whether I stay or leave. On one group that I am on with some of you, the moderator wants all the glory but seems to be unwilling to do any work. I was put on moderated status by a moderator that left.  No one knew why I was put on moderated status.  The narcistic moderator was unwilling to look into it however, their co-moderator was, and found out why it took sometimes a entire week for my posts to be posted. Why was I put on moderated status?  Because I foolishly praised the mods for the job they were doing and one of the mods decided I was brown nosing, so put me on moderated status.  Btw, the rules stated that list members were supposed to be informed of a violation of the rules. I was not informed of anything.  Just all of a sudden, my posts were taking hours or days to be posted. Oh, Richard, I love your tag line at the end of your messages.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: August 26, 2019 2:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

The only issue is that people can create groups almost at the drop of the hat.

I guess, if people decided to only join one group, eventually the other group would go away.

But, which group?

Since, as far as know, there isn't an official group run by Freedom Scientific, nor one run by Mozilla for Thunderbird, etc.

I know there are multiple groups out there for most every topic, but I personally only belong to I think 4 distinct groups.

Well, as far as I know, there are no officially sponsored groups for most things.

Anyone can start a group, so good luck with getting the number of groups narrowed down.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 26, 2019, at 2:34 PM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

I agree. there should be one list for JAWS, just like there's one for
NVDA, Windows 10, Thunderbird, etc.  questions.