moderated Re: Excel and jaws;

Van Lant, Robin

Even more specifically, once you open the cell formatting dialog, tab once to Category and arrow down to “Date”.  Excel defaults the cell format to General, which is at the top of the list.  Once “Date” is selected, tab once and you’ll have a list of the way you want the date to show up.  You can select choices where it just shows month, or month and day or month, day, year.  Arrow down and hit enter on the one you want. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel and jaws;

Have you made sure that the cell(s) are formatted as “date?”  You’ll see that formatting option in the same place where you format the cells(s) number style.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of david
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 9:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Excel and jaws;

Good afternoon all; perhaps someone can help me.  this is from one of my clients.

I wonder if you had a suggestion about a problem I am having with excel. I have gone through all of the help info with no luck at all. I don’t know if you can help but here it is. Excel does not recognize date formats as numbers only as text. When I enter a dates in a date column I need it to be recognized as a date in order to sort them to put them in order. I have no luck in using the date value or value function getting an error that my formula is wrong. I have gone on the internet and have had no luck with support.microsoft.com and it isn’t a disability issue for Microsoft accessibility help. Is there something I am missing? Do you have any suggestions ?

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.