moderated Re: Excel and jaws;

Richard B. McDonald

Have you made sure that the cell(s) are formatted as “date?”  You’ll see that formatting option in the same place where you format the cells(s) number style.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of david
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 9:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Excel and jaws;

Good afternoon all; perhaps someone can help me.  this is from one of my clients.

I wonder if you had a suggestion about a problem I am having with excel. I have gone through all of the help info with no luck at all. I don’t know if you can help but here it is. Excel does not recognize date formats as numbers only as text. When I enter a dates in a date column I need it to be recognized as a date in order to sort them to put them in order. I have no luck in using the date value or value function getting an error that my formula is wrong. I have gone on the internet and have had no luck with support.microsoft.com and it isn’t a disability issue for Microsoft accessibility help. Is there something I am missing? Do you have any suggestions ?