From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Feliciano G
Sent: August 25, 2019 3:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New computer specs

There is a lot going on in here...
if you want a capable computer, the one I usually recommend to my students
is the Dell latitude 5500 With 512 GB SSD i7 16gb RAM. Boots fast and
performs well. Future proof as well.

Feliciano
For tech tips and updates:
LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v
Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v
Follow www.instagram/TheBlindMan12v
those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones
who do. -Steve Jobs

On Aug 25, 2019, at 12:56 PM, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@gmail.com>
wrote:

My 4th gen I7 4790K running at 4.0GHz is just as fast as my 8th gen I5
running at the same speed. Both have 16GB RAM and SSD's. You cant tell
whitch is whitch unless you check the system info.

On 8/25/2019 12:48 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
No. i9 is just higher than i7, the generation number is still the same,
with all the newest ones starting out with 9's.

I wonder if an i9 in a laptop could even outrun an i5 in a desktop of the
same generation? That's the silly thing about all of this, my 7th
generation i5 laptop was barely able to get a better passmark cpu score than
my 4th generation i5 desktop. Both are still adequate performers,
especially running ssd hard drives and plenty of ram. I'd take an i9 if
someone were handing them out for free, but I wouldn't spend extra for one.

CH

On 8/25/2019 14:05, James Homuth wrote:
I9 is a newer chipset than I7. 9th generation, I believe, though I may
be slightly off on the naming scheme. Reviews say the performance difference
between the two is fairly significant, though.