From: "Tyler Wood" <tcwood12@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: New computer specs

16 GB of ram is the new 8 these days and is well worth the bump in price and will be in the long term, too. An internet browser that used to take up a few hundred MB can now take upwards of 2, 3, and 4 gb depending on how many tabs are open. It's infuriating, if I'm honest. It seems like programmers are just slapping things together with little forethought of how it effects overall performance since, apparently, we have so many resources to give away these days. Who cares if it takes 500 mb of ram to open a simple chat program? You have 32 gb!