From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: August 25, 2019 2:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New computer specs

That depends on your use case. If your laptop's going to be your primary machine, an SSD probably isn't the way to go unless you can pair it with a mechanical drive for storage. In my case, for instance, I'd outgrow the SSD's in most of the laptops in the price range I'm looking at in about a month just by virtue of the fact I only have one machine, and it comes with me to and from work. I can still get a 1 TB mechanical and not break the bank, and make up for the performance hickups in other ways--slightly faster processor, or more RAM, for example. SSD is great and all, but their prices still need to come way, way down.