moderated Re: New computer specs

Chris Hill

For the use case you specify later, you probably won't benefit from the i9, an i7 would do you fine for many years.  I'd put some of that money into a bigger ssd drive.  I also wouldn't buy the separate video card, what you are doing isn't going to tax video at all.  If the machine can hold it, get 16gb of ram.  Avoid any machine that talks about gaming, unless you know for a fact it has stereo speakers.  Believe it or not, I have a dell gaming machine that has one speaker and a sub-woofer.  If I'd known when I bought it, I wouldn't have.

On 8/24/2019 23:21, Andrew Diederick wrote:
Hello all.
Looking to purchase a new dell laptop computer. Here are the specs:
I9 processor
16 GB ram
256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

I would like this computer to last me about six years. Are all of these specs acceptable for running JFW? Is there anything else that I should make certain a new laptop has for JFW use?
Appreciate any advise.

Thank you-
Andrew