moderated Re: New computer specs

David Ingram

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Diederick <andrew.diederick@gmail.com>
Sent: Aug 24, 2019 11:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: New computer specs

Hello all.
Looking to purchase a new dell laptop computer. Here are the specs:
I9 processor
16 GB ram
256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

I would like this computer to last me about six years. Are all of these specs acceptable for running JFW? Is there anything else that I should make certain a new laptop has for JFW use?
Appreciate any advise.

Thank you-
Andrew

Don't forget about a usb keyboard just in case your laptop doesn't have a full keyboard layout semular to a desktop system would but also check to see if the ram could be upgraded to 64gb ram of course. Remember you still have to allow jaws to have a significant amount of ram to run in the background while other processes are going on.