From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew Diederick
Sent: August 25, 2019 12:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New computer specs

Hello all:
Tyler, thank you for the insight. I mainly use Microsoft office suite, and browse the web with this unit. I’m looking on dell.com. I’m looking at a I seven 512 solid-state drive with 16 gig of RAM. And a plain graphics card. That retails for $1200. I’m not looking to spend more than that, and it states it’s a gaming computer. If the unit specs will last me around six years plus I would be very happy with that.

On Aug 24, 2019, at 9:59 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

The only reason to have the faster processors is if you are editing large audio or video files and multitasking with some processor heavy software, which most people do not do.

And, if I remember correctly; which may be a big if, those graphic cards he mentioned have been problematic with Jaws.

Unless he has some software that is requiring it, which would be surprising.

I will never go back to a standard HD drive after using my SSD drive now for a year.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 24, 2019, at 9:52 PM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,
This is completely, 100% true.
Although using a solid state drive in 2019 is almost a must - at least for
those that have experienced one. But so far as other sspecs are concerned
there are too many people out there that equate an i7 or i9 to being better
and that simply isn't true for just about 99% of use case scenarios.
Now that I look back at the specs, what are you needing a dedicated Nvidia
Graphics card for in particular? Intel hd graphics does just fine so far as
Jaws is concerned.