From: "John Covici" <covici@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: Disk repair utility, usable with JAWS

You might also want to check the drive periodically with smartmontools
and if the reallocated sectors are anything but 0, get a new drive.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 11:51:48 -0400,
Dave Durber wrote:

Hello Chris:

I just checked the hard drives serial number, on the Western
Digital web site, and discovered, that the drive is over five
years old, it has served me well. So, off to hard drive heaven it
goes.

I have decided to order a 3 TB hard drive, which is the same size
as the external drive which has the data recovered from the
defective drive. When it comes, I will use Image for Windows to
copy the partitions stored on the external hard drive to the new
internal hard drive, which will save time in initializing,
partitioning, formatting and then copying the data.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hill"
<hillco@...>