moderated Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

David & his pack of dogs

This is all the detritus of a competing group having been blown up by its owner, without warning, and the aftermath of same.  In reading posts from this list and the other one, I tend to agree.  It all sounds very petty and some have posted 10 times in one day. It reminded me of what a blind person told me year’s ago, “By enlarge most blind people do not have a life so all they do is post to groups.” When someone posts 10 times to the new group in one day, they give Creedence to that comment.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: August 22, 2019 11:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 02:16 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

This is the first I’ve heard of it. If not, what exactly is the issue with this list specifically to make this happen?

Tyler,

            You know that I like you, and we've had plenty of private exchanges by e-mail, but for the love of heaven please review the messages from this very list from the last few days!!

             This list, the JAWS for Windows Users Support List, is neither being migrated or going anywhere.   This is all the detritus of a competing group having been blown up by its owner, without warning, and the aftermath of same.

              Information, complete information, regarding the replacement list that sprung up, that I truly think should not have, has been supplied already for anyone who wishes to join "the replacement group."

              There is absolutely no need, let alone a pressing one, for a different JAWS Users Group for English speaking JAWS users on Groups.io.   This one is of longstanding, very active, and very welcoming.   It's more than sufficient, and it avoids fragmentation.

         ~ Eric Hoffer