moderated Re: JAWS 2019 not reading numbers properly

Richard Turner

Which synthesizer are you using?

I just tried this in Word 2016 with Jaws 2019, latest, using Vocalizer Expressive Tom.

I wrote out several numbers  in Word from 4 to 9 digits and all spoke correctly in Say All.

I noticed in the number settings in Jaws settings, there is an option for when 5 or more digits; but that seemed related to date processing, I ran that up to 8 digits, but it made no difference in how the large numbers are read.  They are spoken for me like 10,500,000 is said 10 million, five hundred thousand.  With a dollar sign it speaks dollars.

Again, this was in a word document using say all.

Having said that, there are some odd issues with Jaws 2019 that effect some but not others.

For me, it is desktop shortcut keys work with jaws 2018 but not 2019.  This is a strange Jaws release, even though it brought some great new features…

Richard

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper