moderated Re: JAWS 2019 not reading numbers properly

Mike B

Howdy Mr. Latey,

Try the following:
Note: If you want to make these settings in a particular application / program, then open the application / program & open the Settings Center while in
the application / program & skip step #2.  If you want these settings for all applications follow all the steps below.

1. Open the Settings Center with, Insert / Jaws key + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
2. Press, Control, Shift, + D, to open Setting Center default all applications.
3. Arrow down to, Text Processing, & right arrow to open.
4. Arrow down 1 time to, Number & Date Processing, & right arrow to open.
Note: If you want the date to read correctly when it's in a number format, arrow down 1 time to, Numeric Date Processing, press the spacebar to toggle
through your options, & stop when Jaws reports, Some Translation.
5. Arrow down 1 time to, Number Processing, press the spacebar to toggle through the options.  Stop when Jaws reports, Controlled By Synthesizer.
6. Arrow down to, Speak Single Digits, right arrow to open, arrow down to, If Number Contains, press the spacebar to toggle through the options, & stop
when Jaws reports, Controlled By The Synthesizer.
7. Arrow down to, If number contains dashes, this box needs to be checked.
8. If you want dollar & cents amounts reported correctly, arrow down to, Speak Dollars, & make sure this box is checked.
9. Tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save your changes & close the Settings Center.