moderated Re: Language Detection Question
Van Lant, Robin
I‘m curious why the instructions in Step 1 aren’t enough in your view. When Bill White replied, he just had the first steps under Quick Settings. It seems redundant to have to do change something in Quick Settings and also in Settings Center. Do you find that doing it in one place doesn’t suffice?
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: Language Detection Question
If you want to turn it off in an individual application:
1. Open the application, invoke the, Insert + V, keystroke to open quick settings.
2. Navigate to, Language detect change, and uncheck this checkbox.
3. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close.
1. Open the Settings Center while in the application with, Insert + 6, on the number row.
2. Down arrow to, Text processing, right arrow to open, down arrow to, General, and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, Detect languages and uncheck this checkbox.
4. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.
Steps 3 for all applications:
1. Open the Settings Center while in the application with, Insert + 6, on the number row, and press, Control, Shift + D, to open settings center default all applications.
Now follow steps 2 thru 4 from above.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Behler
To: jfw list
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:27 PM
Subject: Language Detection Question
Since I did the most recent Jaws 2019 update, language detection has somehow gotten turned back on for me.
Now, Jaws reads parts of certain documents in other languages.
How can I turn language detection off, so that Jaws reads strictly in English?
Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan
This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.
127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114