moderated Re: Language Detection Question
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I just un-checked language detection for all applications.
Once again, I’ll save your instructions if needed again.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: Language Detection Question
If you want to turn it off in an individual application:
1. Open the application, invoke the, Insert + V, keystroke to open quick settings.
2. Navigate to, Language detect change, and uncheck this checkbox.
3. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close.
1. Open the Settings Center while in the application with, Insert + 6, on the number row.
2. Down arrow to, Text processing, right arrow to open, down arrow to, General, and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, Detect languages and uncheck this checkbox.
4. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.
Steps 3 for all applications:
1. Open the Settings Center while in the application with, Insert + 6, on the number row, and press, Control, Shift + D, to open settings center default all applications.
Now follow steps 2 thru 4 from above.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Behler
To: jfw list
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:27 PM
Subject: Language Detection Question
Since I did the most recent Jaws 2019 update, language detection has somehow gotten turned back on for me.
Now, Jaws reads parts of certain documents in other languages.
How can I turn language detection off, so that Jaws reads strictly in English?
Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan