moderated Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

Gerald Levy

To be perfectly blunt, the guy who started the competing JFW-Users list seems to have a compulsion for creating new lists. He has created dozens of lists which have started with a lot of activity only to eventually fizzle out.  I agree that one list devoted to JAWS is plenty sufficient, but this guy has a huge ego, and thinks his JFW-Users list will somehow be better.  Right now, it is little more than a shout out group with new members introducing themselves.  When I created my own Blind Hearing Aid Users email list last year, I put a quick end to this nonsense before it could get out of hand.

Gerald

On 8/22/2019 2:08 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:
I agree. As far as I know, JAWS discussion is the purpose of this list. How many lists are needed for the same subject?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [main@jfw.groups.io] on behalf of Don H via Groups.Io [lmddh50=adams.net@groups.io]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how does one join the new JAWS list

OK I have to ask, what is wrong with this list? If I understand it the
FS staff doesn't monitor any of the lists so why not just promote and
use this list.

On 8/22/2019 12:54 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I honestly cannot believe that this question is being asked here. You
already know how to join a Groups.io group, send an e-mail message to
their subscribe address.

The direct link to the new Jfw-Users group, jfw-users
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.io%2Fg%2Fjfw-users&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cpamela.a.ekstrand.-nd%40disney.com%7Cc1ecba48d78b48b2d68a08d7272a49b4%7C56b731a8a2ac4c32bf6b616810e913c6%7C1%7C0%7C637020934884878849&amp;sdata=jrRGDIc4IY7fRnfKyqXvpMdStjxbSqrqxeByPNglq%2B0%3D&amp;reserved=0>, has been posted, by me, already and
also directions about how to search for any group you might want. That
group's addresses, like those of any Groups.io group, can be found
immediately after the phrase "Group Email Addresses" on the home page.

If you are a member of any Groups.io group, you had ought to know how to
do this already, but those are pretty much step-by-step instructions
specific to that group above. Doing searches is not rocket science and
should be a basic skill.

~ Eric Hoffer