All best,
Ibrahim

Mistakes sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:50 PM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

I didn’t realise the archive was also gone. That’s pretty bad; there were years and years of data there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: August 21, 2019 4:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: The List

JM,

          My central point being, if you want to walk away from list ownership, that's fine.  But you can do that without literally taking it offline.

          It's a simple matter to either lock the list and walk away if you want to encase the current content of the archive in amber and have it accessible for others (or at least members, if it was a private list) to search or to announce that you're walking away and the list is now unmoderated, making sure you throw open the permissions before you head out the door.

           Either of those is a more decent and reasonable thing to do than just closing up shop and blowing it up.

         ~ Eric Hoffer