moderated Re: The List

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 03:55 PM, JM Casey wrote:
The main moderator (I think) said that it had been brewing for quite a while
Not that I have any experience with that list, but I have plenty with lists in general.

It is a poor, poor list owner indeed that just shuts down a list unannounced.   It simply isn't done if you have any integrity at all.  The content created in lists and their archives may be "mechanically owned" by a list owner, but are actually owned by the membership.  It is always possible to permanently lock a list, and walk away, leaving the archive content accessible if there is no one who you'd care to hand it over to.

         ~ Eric Hoffer