Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: Esoteric punctuation question.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:54 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Firefox said that this is a 404 page.
That's because the e-mail client broke the full link across two lines, so when you're activating it's not got the full URL.

Here it is, naked:  https://slate.com/technology/2011/01/two-spaces-after-a-period-why-you-should-never-ever-do-it.html

and, in case this should be broken, too, as click through text:  Space Invaders:  Why you should never, ever use two spaces after a period.

I happen to disagree, but hey.  I still use two spaces after the end of a sentence as I still find it easier to read text, even word processed text, where that convention is followed.

         ~ Eric Hoffer