moderated Re: Announcing position

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Indeed, this gives me a chance to learn something new.

In the Settings Center, locate Configure Verbosity Levels, and configure the level for your current verbosity level.  The item count setting is spoken by default if you use beginner or intermediate verbosity, and not if you use advanced verbosity. 

When you enter the Configure Speech Verbosity dialog, the first of the check boxes you encounter is Announce Position and Count while Navigating in Lists.  Uncheck it, and activate the OK button.

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 2:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: Amelia Cazares <Amelia.Cazares@...>
Subject: Announcing position

Hello:

I am not sure if I used the correct term in my subject…

Is there anyway to stop JAWS from announcing your position when you go into a file list or the desk top?

i.e. When you go to the desk top and it will say something like “Google Chrome 14 of 21?.

Can we stop the announcement of the 14 of 21?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.