moderated Re: I Cannot Do a JAWS 2019 Repair

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

All you have to do is to download the JAWS executable and run it, and it will repair the product.  In my case, thanks to some guidance from FS tech support, I also copied my settings folder, found when you hit Explore my Settings from utilities, elsewhere and deleted its contents.  That was the only way I solved my problem.  Also, a couple of us have experienced, if you have any older versions of JAWS on the system, that the program insists on coming up asking you to merge the settings from the earlier version, and it will not accept no for an answer.  I had to remove JAWS 2018 which I never used any longer anyway.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Do a JAWS 2019 Repair

I tried saving it to my desktop, but then when I entered the Run dialog and typed “ /type repair,” after the .exe, I got a dialog that said a matching code for this product is not available.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Do a JAWS 2019 Repair

Just save it to your desktop or downloads folder, shouldn’t be a problem and there is no reason to save stuff to your root drive.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:46 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: I Cannot Do a JAWS 2019 Repair

Dear Listers:

When I tried to install the latest JAWS 2019 update tonight, it would not download, and I got a suggestion to do a JAWS repair.  I am using the JAWS Home edition and am using Windows 10.  With the update of JAWS 2019 I have, the version that I have is J2019.1907.31.  When I went to the Freedom Scientific download page and tried to locate the .exe for J2019.1907.31 there was none.  All that showed was J2019.1907.42.exe.  When I tried to save it to the C drive I got a dialog saying that my administrator would not allow me to save it on the C drive.  Even after I renamed the file as j2019.1907.31.exe, the same dialog  kept popping up.  I have to do a JAWS repair before I will be able to download the latest update.  Can one of you help me and tell me how to go about it.  Thanks.

Rick Miller

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.