moderated Re: temporarily increasing/decreasing speech rate question

Mike B

Hi David & Dean,

Normally I pin my most used shortcuts to the Taskbar and these shortcuts are never affected by Jaws updates.  But, yesterday I created a Chrome shortcut keystroke from the desktop icon and after I ran that J2019.1907.42 update that came out yesterday my Chrome shortcut keystroke didn't work anymore, so I've recreated it and went on my merry way.  I don't know why this keystroke was affected and none of my other icon shortcut keystrokes were not, but I just chalk it up to, oh well what the hell, and move on!  LOL 

Keep rooting for those BoSox and if they catch a break maybe we'll see each other in the World Series again, so the Dodgers can extract a little revenge!  LOL 

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: temporarily increasing/decreasing speech rate question

Of course it is an alt=+control shortcut!  Thank you for pointing this out, as I was obviously not thinking at all.

Now, on to your shortcut question: this seems a bit mystifying.  How was your Google Chrome shortcut created, and how were the shortcuts that survive the update created?  I definitely have no problem of JAWS updates impacting windows shortcut keys!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hello Mike:

Have confirmed that it’s the alt + Cntrl + page up/down keys that accomplish this change.  Thanks for the info.

Being from State of MA(originally), have to stick with the BoSox.

One more question:  Each time I install a Jaws update, it “wipes out” my Google Chrome(keyboard) shortcut while a couple of others I have remain unaffected.  Any thoughts?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:49 PM

Hi David,

It's not the Insert key you press.  Hold the,Control & Alt keys down together and press pageup or pagedown.

Control, alt, + page up or down for temporary changes.

Control, alt, windows key, + page up or down for permanent changes.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Subject: temporarily increasing/decreasing speech rate question

Hi:

Is the insert + pg up/dwn key presses simultaneous or done in sequence?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.