moderated Re: Disk repair utility, usable with JAWS

Gerald Levy

Again, I must ask, how is this program accessible with JAWS??? And if it is not accessible with JAWS or any other screen reader, how do you use it without sighted help? I suggest that you read the following article, which claims that Spinwrite is not what it's cracked up to be:

https://www.disktuna.com/spinrite-is-not-data-recovery-software/

Gerald

On 8/11/2019 11:27 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
For those complaining about SpinRite, it would help if you read the information at the site.?? ??The low-level file systems used under Windows (and a number of other operating systems) have not changed in a very, very long time.?? ??Thus, it's not necessary for software that examines, analyzes and fixes same to change, either.

The SpinRite page explicitly states:?? "??SpinRite is able to operate on all Windows XP NTFS formats, all DOS FAT, all Linux file systems, Novell, Macintosh (if temporarily moved into a PC) or anything else."?? ??NTFS is NTFS as NTFS has always been.?? The various FAT varieties as well.

Steve Gibson doesn't generally leave anything up on the Gibson Research site that isn't currently useful, even if not developed recently.?? ??If he's still selling it, and he is, it's certain to still do what it was advertised as doing.

In any case, errors such as the one being described here always scream "failed or imminently failing" drive to me.?? ??You may be able to get more information about what's wrong, which is useful to know just for one's own information, but it's unlikely to be fixable.
--

Brian??-??Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit,??Version 1903, Build 18362????

???????????????? ~ Eric Hoffer