moderated Disk repair utility, usable with JAWS

Dave Durber

Hello Everyone:

I have a system running Windows 7 Professional 64 BIT, which I intend upgrading to Windows 10 when I get a new Motherboard for it. I have JAWS 2018 installed on it. In addition to the CD-DVD ROM, it has a 120 GB SSD, which is the system drive, and 2 1 TB Hdd Drives, which ar F and G.

Yesterday, when I started the system, I tried to log onto drive g. Windows reported a drive error. Of course, being Windows, the operating system did not tell me what type of error was affecting the drive, only that Windows could not access it.

I ran CMD, and in the DOS shell window, I used CHKDSK with the /f switch. CHKDSK, reported that it could not attempt to scan the drive because of a drive error and closed itself and returned me to the DOS Shell window.

My question is, is anyone on this list, using a good disk repair utility, which is accessible using JAWS
At present, I have no idea, as to whether the problem is with the partition, its format or the problem is with the files which hold the information about the data stored on the drive.

Any Suggestions please.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber