moderated Ctrl left or right arrow, no audio feedback in Microsoft Word 2016

Daniele Casarola

Hi everybody,

yesterday Windows 10 Pro on my desktop pc updated to the last version 1903.
If I'm not wrong the previous one was 1803.

I use Jaws bought the last year. The version is:
Home 2018.1807.8 ILM

My job is transcriber, so the only software I use is Microsoft Word, this is the version:
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016
Microsoft Word version 1806 build 10228.20104

After the Windows update I don't have anymore audio feedback when I navigate a Microsoft Word document word by word, using keyboard shortcut CTRL + Left or Right Arrow.

It works in other text editors, except Microsoft Word.

To be sure it depends from Windows updates I let update also my laptop and again problem appears.

It is quite important for me to understand how to solve, because I need to work.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Daniele.

Can I have