moderated Re: RSS on Chrome

Chris Hill

That's very interesting.  I used to use the live bookmarks rss reading feature of firefox all the time, until they got rid of it a couple of years ago.  It was great and much easier than internet explorer.  The word built-in, in my opinion means you didn't have to install anything to use it, and that was how firefox used to be, unlike chrome.

The reason they took it out of firefox is they didn't want to spend the money or effort to upgrade and maintain it.  As far as the rest of firefox goes, the bookmarks and menus are still easier to access than chrome and brafe, I still use it on a lot of websites with good success.  Besides, I don't like all my data being siphoned off to google.

Now, for rss I just use the feed reader in thunderbird.  A pain to set up, but it works well.

On 8/7/2019 05:42, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

Chrome has not abandoned RSS.?? But unlike IE, Chrome does not have the RSS feed reader built in.?? You have to install an extension to read RSS feeds, and it may not be accessible.?? Firefox has never had an accessible RSS feed reader,and is such a screwed up mess that it is best avoided unless you absolutely need it to access a particular web site.??

Gerald

On 8/6/2019 11:29 PM, clarence carter via Groups.Io wrote:

I was thinking of going back to IE for that. Is there any reason why Firefox and Chrome have abandoned RSS?

??