moderated Re: RSS on Chrome

Gerald Levy

Chrome has not abandoned RSS.?? But unlike IE, Chrome does not have the RSS feed reader built in.?? You have to install an extension to read RSS feeds, and it may not be accessible.?? Firefox has never had an accessible RSS feed reader,and is such a screwed up mess that it is best avoided unless you absolutely need it to access a particular web site.??

Gerald

On 8/6/2019 11:29 PM, clarence carter via Groups.Io wrote:

I was thinking of going back to IE for that. Is there any reason why Firefox and Chrome have abandoned RSS?

??

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: RSS on Chrome

??

As far as I know, chrome does not do rss.?? I think that is part of the reason Firefox stopped as well.?? I just use Thunderbird for rss.

??

??

On 8/6/2019 05:42, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

??

To be perfectly honest, the only RSS reader I have ever found to be fully accessible with JAWS is the one built into IE 11.?? I use Chrome as my default browser, but now useIE mostly as an RSS feed reader.

??

Gerald

??

??

On 8/5/2019 9:28 PM, clarence carter via Groups.Io wrote:

?????????????????????????????? I have been having trouble subscribing to RSSfeeds while using Chrome. I have not been able to see the gain access to the chrome reader with JAWS What steps do I take to get the RSS reader? Would it be better to get a free standing RSS read3er?

??

??