moderated JAWS2019 Build 1907.31 Update + What's New
below is the direct download link for today's JAWS2019.1907.31 August 2019 update and what's new for this release.
32 & 64 Bit Download Link:
Enhancements in JAWS 2019.1907.31 (August 2019)
The following is a list of improvements made in JAWS 2019 between the June 2019 update and the August 2019 update.
list of 14 items
• This update fixes an issue encountered by some users where JAWS was not reading as expected in the Windows 10 Start menu. If you are experiencing this
problem, open JAWS Settings Center, press CTRL+SHIFT+D to load the Default File, type "start" into the search edit box, and then toggle the control called:
"Start menu: Access-Out-of-Process" so that it is checked.
• In response to customer feedback, JAWS sounds such as when INSERT+SPACEBAR is pressed to enter Layered Keys mode are no longer muted when Speech On Demand
• Addressed an issue where the Text Analyzer keystrokes were not being found when using the JAWS Commands Search feature (INSERT+SPACEBAR, J).
• When creating meeting requests using the Outlook calendar, resolved an issue where new attendee information was not being reliably indicated in either
speech or braille.
• Resolved a reported issue where the keystrokes to read message headers in Outlook, ALT+1 through 4 on the number row, were not working in Windows 7.
• Resolved an issue where returning to an open Outlook email after exiting a Word Document would result in your cursor landing at the top of the email
rather than the previous location where you were reading.
• Resolved an issue in Microsoft Office where JAWS was not reporting if an endnote or footnote had been inserted with speech even though Braille was correctly
identifying the information.
• Addressed an issue in Word 2016 reported by SSA where JAWS would repeat the last line of the document after completing a Say All (INSERT+DOWN ARROW).
• Addressed a reported issue where the spelling buzzer to indicate a misspelled word was still being heard even when the "Detect spelling while typing"
option in setting Center was disabled.
• In Microsoft Teams, resolved an issue where JAWS was speaking incoming message and call notifications multiple times.
• When navigating by character in secure password fields in Chrome and Firefox, resolved an issue where JAWS was saying "star" multiple times for each
• Addressed a reported issue in Chrome where typing in contracted Braille was not working as expected.
• Resolved a customer reported issue with SQL Server Management Studio where JAWS was not properly navigating and reading a results Data grid.
• Resolved an issue reported by international Braille users where incorrect Unicode characters were being entered using computer braille under certain
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.