From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Kane Brolin
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 11:50 AM
To: JFW Mailing List
Subject: JFW 13 With Lotus Notes: Unable To Turn Off Verbosity

Hi, everybody.

Since upgrading my Dell notebook to run the 64-bit version of Windows
7 and the 64-bit edition of JFW 13, I've run into an annoying problem when I
use only one particular application: Lotus Notes, which is still the
required e-mail client I've got in the workplace.

When composing a message, every keystroke provokes JAWS to say the word
"untagged" and the phrase "computer Braille." I do use a Braille
display--the Baum BrailleConnect 40--for some of what I do. But these
announcements in Eloquence Speech are made each time I arrow up or down a
line, and each time I type a character, regardless of whether the display is
on or off and regardless of whether JAWS is instructed to use the Braille
display as an output device.

Yes, I have gone into this application's Verbosity Settings and set them to
the Advanced mode, trying to customize and make it so that as few graphics
as possible are spoken. And I have gone into BASICS inside of JAWS'
universal user options and have turned off Tudor Messages. In all other
applications, JAWS' speech behaves as it should, and it does not give me
these prompts when I am reading a memo or arrowing up and down through a
list of messages or folders--only when I am composing. I've seen this
problem pop up only since upgrading from Ver. 11 to Ver. 13.

Right now, the solution I employ is to turn off speech while composing a
Lotus Notes memo. Does anyone else have any experience or a brainstorm
about this? Thanks.

-Kane