moderated Re: I have some questions concerning using a braille display with JAWS, specifically the Focus Blue 40 5th Gen, and want to know of other braille display lists out there.

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

You can join a braille display users listserv by subscribing to the following e-mail address:

braille-display-users-request@groups.io

Original message:

Hi.
It’s me again. I’m finally getting the Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation display this coming week, and I have some very basic questions.
First, where can I get a refreshable braille display for dummies tutorial? I don’t think this necessarily deals with the Focus itself. I have used one over ten years ago, but I did very basic things with it, and I’d like to learn more advanced tricks for using one. I know JAWS has some documentation in the help topics, but I don’t know if that’s as simple as I need.
My second question concerns email lists for braille displays in general. Many of the questions I have are more Focus specific rather than JAWS, so I figure that there are other braille display lists out there that can give me good information. If there are web sites as well, I would like to learn about them. I know I can read the user’s manual, but I’m just wondering if there are some helpful hints that I could learn.
Those are my questions. I can’t wait until I get the Focus and pair it with my iPhone and PC and use it. I’m also looking forward to using it by itself to take notes and read books. I feel like a kid at Christmas, and I’ll just have to patiently wait for it to come.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Have a blessed day, and don’t work too hard.
Kevin and Jilly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.