moderated I have some questions concerning using a braille display with JAWS, specifically the Focus Blue 40 5th Gen, and want to know of other braille display lists out there.

Kevin Minor

Hi.

It’s me again.  I’m finally getting the Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation display this coming week, and I have some very basic questions.

First, where can I get a refreshable braille display for dummies tutorial?  I don’t think this necessarily deals with the Focus itself.  I have used one over ten years ago, but I did very basic things with it, and I’d like to learn more advanced tricks for using one.  I know JAWS has some documentation in the help topics, but I don’t know if that’s as simple as I need.

My second question concerns email lists for braille displays in general.  Many of the questions I have are more Focus specific rather than JAWS, so I figure that there are other braille display lists out there that can give me good information.  If there are web sites as well, I would like to learn about them.  I know I can read the user’s manual, but I’m just wondering if there are some helpful hints that I could learn.

Those are my questions.  I can’t wait until I get the Focus and pair it with my iPhone and PC and use it.  I’m also looking forward to using it by itself to take notes and read books.  I feel like a kid at Christmas, and I’ll just have to patiently wait for it to come.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a blessed day, and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly