From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: I am looking for the following type of laptop

I still want to know why changing the keyboard layout in Windows won't get you what you need.

On 7/31/2019 11:02 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
Hello Steve:

I like having the single and double quote on the same key. On a UK keyboard, the @ sign and double quote are swapped round.

If the ENTER key is vertical, the \key is moved to the top row, to the left of the BACK SPACE key. If the ENTER key is horrizontal, the \ key is above the ENTER key

On a UK keyboard, the \ key, is generally to the left of the letter zed, thus making the left shift key, the same size as an alpha numeric key. I am used to having a wide left shift key.

As I said previously, given time, I could and would get used to the changes but, I just prefer the US keyboard layout.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@...>